BRP enters the 2017 watercraft racing season with elevated Sea-Doo X-TEAM race programs and the addition of Pro Enduro front runner Blaine Spooner who joins an an all-star roster of Pro watercraft racers led by the winningest world championship runabout racer of the past six years, James Bushell.
The Sea-Doo RXP-X 300 watercraft continues to be the model to beat claiming, in 2016, six consecutive IJSBA Pro Open and Pro GP world championships and has performance fans excited for the start of the 2017 riding season. The 2017 Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty program provides all Sea-Doo riders competing in the various disciplines of watercraft racing in North America the opportunity to earn contingency money throughout the season. BRP is also ensuring there are more competition-focused events through the Sea-Doo Promoter support program, sponsoring select race events across North America.
BRP will sponsor premier racing events including the P1 AquaX Series, IJSBA World Finals, and others and will see elite racers representing the Sea-Doo X-TEAM in 2017. These racers include James Bushell, Erminio Ianstosca, Blaine Spooner, Guy Gee Greenland, and Anthony Radetic. Radetic is a former Army Helicopter pilot and renowned, challenged athlete who has limited use of his legs and is a front runner in the P1 AquaX Amateur 300 class on his RXP-X watercraft. Spooner returns to racing after a one year hiatus after the birth of his two twin daughters and enters the 2017 for the first time as part of the X-TEAM and is considered one of the favorites to finish on the Pro Enduro podium at P1 AquaX events.
Spooner and all Sea-Doo watercraft riders will be eligible for Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty. The Sea-Doo X-TEAM contingency is essentially an, “open-sponsorship” that excludes no one, except those competing on other brands. To supercharge the P1 AquaX season opener in Daytona an additional $1500 bonus will be added to the $1000 Pro Enduro win bounty for a $2500 top finish incentive. In addition to the glory that comes with winning on Sea-Doo watercraft, comes the opportunity for extra prize money. In addition, the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Promoter support program provides event producers sponsorship funds to help them produce more, high-quality events. BRP works with promoters to ensure Sea-Doo performance enthusiasts have a place to ride and compete in an organized manner, providing another fun aspect of owning a Sea-Doo watercraft.
“BRP has led the performance watercraft category since the launch of the T3 and Ergolock equipped RXP-X model in 2012 and Sea-Doo X-TEAM fans around the world are ready to see the best handling model compete in 2017,” says Tim McKercher, of Sea-Doo watercraft competition management. “BRP is excited to cheer on all Sea-Doo watercraft racers and to see Blaine Spooner back on Sea-Doo watercraft, joining a team led by James Bushell that will show the world how the RXP-X 300 model is the performance model to beat.
2017 SEA-DOO X-TEAM BOUNTY PAYOUT
Sea-Doo Watercraft Racer Contingency Program
2017 Regular Season Program – Includes ALL IJSBA Sanctioned closed course races in the United States and Canada
|Runabout 1000 Superstock°||Expert Runabout
|Expert Runabout STOCK||Pro-Am Runabout LIMITED||Pro-Am Runabout STOCK||Pro-Am Runabout OPEN|
|1st||$ 50.00||$ 50.00||$ 50.00||$ 100.00||$ 100.00||$ 100.00|
P1 AQUAX US
|200 Am Enduro Class||250 Am Enduro Class||300 Am Enduro Class||Pro Enduro
|Pro Daytona Bonus||Pro World Championship|
|1st||$ 100.00||$ 250.00||$ 300.00||$ 1000.00||+$1500.00||$ 2000.00|
|2nd||$ 300.00||$ 300.00|
|3rd||$ 100.00||$ 100.00|
|Overall Tour* Championship|| $ 300.00
| $ 500.00
| $ 1000.00
IJSBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in October, 2017
|Endurance Runabout Open||Pro-AM 1000 Superstock° - SPARK||Expert Runabout OPEN||Expert
|Champion||$200.00||$ 500.00||$ 200.00||$ 200.00|
|Finish Position||Pro-AM Woman
|Pro-AM Runabout GP||Pro Runabout OPEN|
|Champion||$ 1000.00||$ 500.00||$ 2,000.00||$ 2,500.00||$ 3,000.00|
|2nd||$ 250.00||$ 250.00||$ 500.00||$ 500.00||$ 750.00|
|3rd||$ 250.00||$ 250.00||$ 500.00|
° Sea-Doo Spark is only watercraft model eligible
HYDRODRAG SERIES (Drag Race)
|Hydro Stock||Hydro Limited||Hydro Superstock||Hydro Unlimited|
|1st||$ 200.00||$ 150.00||$ 200.00||$ 300.00|
Offshore/Endurance Events - for Overall Finishing Position
|Long Beach 2 Catalina – Pro Open|
2017 SEA-DOO X-TEAM BOUNTY Eligibility Rules:
READ ALL APPLICABLE RULES BELOW TO QUALIFY
- To be eligible for the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty contingency, racer must compete on an IJSBA eligible Sea-Doo watercraft in the specified class(es) described in the rules and contingency tables within the United States or Canada. Race events offering the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty are all those in North America sanctioned by either the IJSBA.
- ONLY racers competing on 4-TEC or ACE engine powered Sea-Doo watercraft qualify.
- Racer must list “SEA-DOO” as the brand of watercraft raced and “SEA‑DOO X TEAM” as a sponsor on all entries.
- The SEA-DOO logo decal must be clearly visible and legible using - minimum of two (2”) inch tall lettering on watercraft forward of the handlebars and above the waterline.
- Racer is eligible for as many contingency payments as earned during an event.
- *To be eligible for any Championship bonuses, racer must have competed solely on a Sea-Doo watercraft in scheduled runabout heats, LCQs, motos, etc. no matter the class while meeting all above criteria for every racing instance.
- Racer MUST compete against a MINIMUM OF FIVE (5) finalists in the class to qualify for contingency.
- HydroDrag contingency is available for drag racing event only – to be eligible for Bounty the PWC must be a modern Sea-Doo configuration top deck and utilize a Rotax 4-TEC or ACE engine.
- Daytona Bonus will be paid in addition to the per round contingency for a winning Sea-Doo rider ($1000+$1500 for total of $2500)
- Contingency prizes will be paid for overall closed-course racing only. Slalom does not apply. In IJSBA World Finals contingency, only Overall Titles will be paid.
- For the 2017 race season, all claims must be sent in by the racer, within 10 days of the event, and postmarked no later than July 10, 2017 (for races taking place between April 1, 2017-July 2, 2017) September 30, 2017 (for races between July 3, 2017 – September 24, 2017) and December 15, 2017 (for all races between September 26, 2017-December 10, 2017). Claims postmarked after these dates will not be honored.
- Contingency payments will be issued to racers from BRP only after the IJSBA and BRP have verified official results.
- All claims must be signed by an event or sanctioning body official, if not, payment will not be made. Racers have the responsibility to have the claim properly completed (providing all requested information) and mailed to the address above. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing of checks after the noted cut-off dates.
- Racer MUST provide a signed W-9 Tax form and supply images of the Sea-Doo watercraft raced WITH FIRST redemption submission, before any payments will be issued by BRP.
- BRP reserves the right to reject a claim not properly or fraudulently filed and reserves the right to cancel this program at any time.
- BRP will NOT accept ANY responsibility for any DAMAGES or INJURIES, including DEATH that may occur during the above-described events.
- Racers grant BRP the unlimited rights to utilize their name, their photograph, their person, and their performance in advertising and promotional efforts.
Sea-Doo, RXT-X, RXP-X, SPARK, ACE, and 4-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.
Visit the Sea-Doo Blog, OnBoard, for complete program details and redemption form information regarding the 2017 Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty racer contingency program.
For a complete overview of the new performance line of Sea-Doo watercraft, visit www.sea-doo.com.