P1 AquaX revises its 2020 race calendar......
P1 AquaX, the personal watercraft racing series has announced changes to its USA Race Schedule as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak.
The race weekend in Daytona Beach, originally scheduled to be the season-opener on April 18th-19th, will be move to September 19th-20th and the Tavares event on May 2nd has been cancelled.
Cocoa Beach currently remains on the calendar, becoming the first event of the new season for Pro and Am riders on the weekend of May 15th-17th.
“Sports across the world have postponed or cancelled events to help combat the spread of the virus and we take our responsibilities very seriously,” said P1 CEO Azam Rangoonwala. “Together with local organizers, bodies and partners, we are adhering to guidelines drawn up by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding large group gatherings and events which apply for at least the next eight weeks.
P1 will continue to monitor the situation closely and act on daily information from official health authorities at both a local and national level.
Revised 2020 AquaX Race Calendar
- May 14th-17th - Cocoa Beach, FL - PRO / AM ENDURO
- Jun 12th-14th - St. Pete Beach, FL - PRO / AM ENDURO / OFFSHORE POWERBOATS
- July 31st-Aug 2nd - Michigan City, IN - PRO / AM NORTHERN CUP ENDURO
- Aug 8th-9th - Laporte, IN - PRO / AM ENDURO / SPRINT
- Sept 19th-20th - Daytona, FL - PRO / AM ENDURO / SPRINT
- Nov 13th-15th - Bahamas - PRO ENDURO / SPRINT SKI 4S
POWERBOAT P1 USA LLC
2320 CLARK STREET, SUITE A1
APOPKA, FL 32703, USA