Its time, again, for the most exciting part of IJSBA Racing: The Managing Director’s updates!! Here is a short and sweet bulliten to get 2013 rolling. Please share the following news with your friends and colleagues in the PWC Racing community.
- World Finals is 150 days away. We have broken the 150 day mark on the 2013 Hot Products World Finals. We are thrilled at the amount of sponsors, vendors, and participants who have already started to arrange their plans for participating this year. IJSBA will release our tentative schedule, class list, and other preliminary information for the 32nd Annual Hot Products World Finals on June 1.
- Earlier vendor and sponsor contracts for 2013. The success and growth of the 2012 Hot Products World Finals has, again, increased the demand for space and exposure opportunities at the event. IJSBA will be securing our 2013 contracts with sponsors and vendors earlier this year in order to ensure that all interested parties have an opportunity to participate. IJSBA expects a completely sold out vendor area.
- New Web Site!! As you may have noticed, our post-beta version of a new website has gone active. Over the next few weeks we will be updating the pages (some have old data we pulled from archives to make the pages live) and adding new features to enhance the information and resources for the ultimate PWC Racing experience. Events, rules, bulletins, sponsors, and other information will now be much easier to find and will be presented in a more attractive manner. Be sure to sign up for your racer profile as there may be some extra publicity opportunities coming for those people who have them. If you have suggestions for website features or other ways for us to continue to improve the website, please let us know.
- Racing is off to a very good start. The Pro Hydro X tour started the season under new management. By all accounts, they did a very good job and have the Southeast excited and primed for the season ahead. RPM’s Blue Water event in Parker, AZ had an extraordinarily good turnout and saw competition that set the tone for a rigorous year of racing. The US National Tour kicked off with no shortage of excitement and noteworthy activity. The UAE championship has already wrapped up and competitors have since started the Alpine Adria Cup and started heading out to the first round of the IJSBA Euro Tour. Results will be flowing in almost every week. There seem to be more fast riders now than ever before.
- IJSBA has a new Technical Director who has already made his first appearance at an IJSBA event. Mike Rodgers was on hand at the first round of the UWP National Tour to ensure that watercraft were compliant with IJSBA Rules. We are lucky to have a knowledgeable professional managing the application of technical rules.
- More changes coming. Over the last few years, we have seeded and announced future changes for the face of IJSBA and the direction which we plan to go. Things are now starting to move and IJSBA will be changing and evolving rapidly over the next two years. We welcome everyone’s comments and participation in this process. This is your organization and we want it to function well and serve your PWC Racing needs in the best manner possible. Please let us know how we are doing and what we can continue to do to keep bringing you the best competition program possible.
- Communication. Remember, if you have questions about rules or IJSBA policies, we are here to answer them. If you do not get the answer to a question straight from IJSBA then you may not be getting the most accurate information. Please feel free to write firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any questions you may have.
That’s it for this update. Plan to see a lot of news and important announcements coming frequently. It is a good idea to check IJSBA.com at least once a day. I am personally available to help you with any of your racing needs and wish all of you the best of luck for a safe and successful racing season.
IJSBA Managing Director