IJSBA Rule Change Comment and Suggestion Period Now Open: November 5 through December 11, 2013
The IJSBA’s official rule change comment and suggestion period is now open. Persons interested in making rule change suggestions for the 2014 IJSBA Rule Book must have these suggestions submitted before December 12, 2013
If there is something you would like to see changed in the IJSBA Rule Book, this is your opportunity to try and make it happen. IJSBA will accept written submissions, via email, from any IJSBA member in good standing all the way up to 11:59 PM, PST, on December 11th, 2013.
Here is what you need to do:
- Write a clear, coherent, and well thought out position of what change you would like to see happen (or not happen) in the 2014 Rule Book. Be professional and courteous in your presentation.
- Be prepared to answer a response supporting your position and to be able to debate your position if necessary.
- Send the rule change suggestion to IJSBA by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your IJSBA membership number in your suggestion.
Here is what we do:
- On December 12, IJSBA will close the Rule Suggestion Period.
- By December 15, the IJSBA Managing Director will have compiled all of the suggestions into a dossier.
- On December 15, the IJSBA Managing Director will release the dossier and a list of recommendations to the public on IJSBA.com.
- On December 20, the IJSBA Managing Director will organize voting and submit the dossier to OEM, Affiliate, and Aftermarket Members of the IJSBA for voting. IJSBA will appoint at least one, and up to four competition members for voting. Voting participants may answer each item as Yes, No, or Abstain.
- Voting will close by January 2, 2014. Voting will close when either: all dossiers are returned, the close date has been reached, or when all items for voting have received such a sufficient number of responses that the outstanding dossiers cannot possibly change the outcome of the tallied votes.
IJSBA is a private sports association organized, not for profit, to further the sport of Personal Watercraft Racing. Competition Membership in IJSBA is available, exclusively, to those persons who actively wish to further the growth, and awareness, of high speed watercraft competitions. The power to change the policies of the IJSBA, including the IJSBA Rule Book, is vested in the IJSBA Board of Directors and those members to whom the board has extended voting privileges. IJSBA has over 10,000 worldwide competition members throughout more than fifty active international affiliate bodies. IJSBA has existed, in its current form, since 1982 and was previously a support organization to start up the sport of Personal Watercraft Racing. IJSBA has existed for more than 32 years.
For questions about IJSBA or the IJSBA Rule Suggestion Process, please contact IJSBA by emailing email@example.com or by calling +1-714-751-8695.