It is that time of the year, again: The IJSBA’s official rule change suggestion period is now open. Persons interested in making rule change suggestions for the 2015 IJSBA Rule Book must have these suggestions submitted before December 16, 2014.
We have already received a large amount of suggestions for things to change for the future, but please send your comments in even if you are aware your suggestion has already been made by someone else. IJSBA will accept written submissions, via email, from any IJSBA member in good standing all the way up to 11:59 PM, PST, on December 15th, 2014.
Here is format we request that you use to send us a suggestion to change the Rule Book:
- Write a clear, coherent, and well thought out position of what change you would like to see happen (or not happen) in the 2014 Rule Book. Be professional and courteous in your presentation.
- Be prepared to answer a response supporting your position and to be able to debate your position if necessary.
- Send the rule change suggestion to IJSBA by emailing it to email@example.com
- Include your IJSBA membership number in your suggestion and the country in which you are a member.
On December 20, 2014, IJSBA will release a compiled list of suggestions to the public. On December 27, IJSBA will release the voting packets to Affiliates, Board Members, Aftermarket Industry Representatives, and Competitors. Voting will close by January 2, 2015. Voting will close earlier if all voting packets are received or if the amount of outstanding packets can no longer change the outcome of the vote.
New for this year:
- IJSBA will appoint two competitors to represent the racing contingent in the voting.
- IJSBA will accept nominations from the competition membership public for a total of six competitors distributed as follows:
- The Americas (2)
- Europe (2)
- Asia/Oceania (2)
When nominating a competitor, please include your IJSBA membership number and the country in which you are a member. Please write a clear and concise email indicating why your nominee would be a good choice to represent the voice of racers. All nominations much be received by December 16, 2014. Nominees must be active competition members and willing to accept the appointment.
For questions about IJSBA or the IJSBA Rule Suggestion Process, please contact IJSBA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1-714-751-8695.