Hello PWC Racers. This is kind of a mini update. There will still be one more full update before the gates open. This will be short and sweet. Please share the following information with your friends and colleagues in the sport:
- Approximately 28 hours to enter before facing on site penalties. Please don’t say we didn’t remind you. You need to have your entry form, paid in full, to IJSBA by tomorrow night, at 11:59 PM or you will have to register on site and you will be subjected to the on site fees. We would really much rather you save the money, and we save the time, by you entering in advance.
- Strong entries. Not bad on the entries this year. We have exactly 9 more than this time last year. Classic Runabout and Runabout 800 Classes are a little soft right now- if you race these classes, and want to see them continue, please call your fellow competitors and encourage them to sign up. Otherwise, things are progressing as normal.
- IJSBA office will be closed. The IJSBA office will be closed on Wednesday, October 2 and reopening Monday, October 21. You can still email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be checking voice mails. However, if you have any business that you need taken care of, you are highly encouraged to do it within the next two days.
- No riding on course. We know you are excited when you get to World Finals. However, you may not go out on the course or even ride in the permitted area except during designated race times when an ambulance is on site. Please police yourselves so that we do not have to. Our permit mandates fines for persons who violate this provision. DO NOT RIDE IN THE CHANNEL… DO NOT USE 5MPH MARKERS AS TURN BUOYS. Not only does our permit require that we police this, good sense should be enough to get you to not engage in this type of behavior.
- Helmets required for operating motor vehicles in the pits; Must Be 16 years of age; Max Speed: 5MPH. No, you don’t have to wear a helmet if you are driving a car/truck; and, no, you don’t have to wear one if you are driving a street legal motorcycle or scooter (though you should) on the pavement. We will start this off by not requiring helmets for caged UTV/Side By Sides so long as everyone is being responsible. Yes, you will need them for ATV, uncaged UTV, pit bikes, dirt bikes, or whatever other crazy contraptions you may have for your pit vehicle this year. 5MPH is the maximum speed limit anywhere on Crazy Horse. All operators of any motorized vehicle in the pit must be 16 years of age. There will be fines and other penalties for not adhering to these rules. Our apologies to the kids, under 16, who are used to being able to drive pit vehicles at other events- you cant at this one- and you will need to take it up with our insurance company if you want to change it… in the meantime, you are going to have to tough this one out. One day, you can tell your own children some hear breaking stories about the old days when you had to walk long lengths, in the pits, in the middle of the Arizona Desert.
- Do not fuel PWC or service PWC over the water. You must pull your watercraft at least 10 feet from the water’s edge in order to fuel or service the watercraft in any way. No motor vehicle or trailer may be left in or over the water. This rule is also a requirement for our permit. Fines for violating the fueling provision are severe.
I know it is never fun to get these notices of all the ways you can be fined or be penalized. But, these are the rules we must abide by to receive an event permit in Lake Havasu City. The truth be told, these are all very good and smart rules and we need to make it a priority to have these policies be part of the way we conduct ourselves on the host property and lake. IJSBA competitors are the very best when it comes PWC responsibility and stewardship of the water and we know we can count on all of you to set the example of why we should be invited back next year for the 33rd World Final.
That’s it for this update, please email email@example.com if you have any questions about World Finals, you can also call +1-714-751-8695 until we close up shop to leave for Havasu!!!