IJSBA has closed the period for the public to suggest changes to the 2014 Competition Rulebook. These suggestions were sent in by you, the public, and are listed here in no particular order:
- Create a Vintage Ski rule which limits displacement to 550cc.
- Create a Vintage Ski rule which prohibits the use of a sponson towards the front of the PWC.
- Allow aftermarket charger impellers in Runabout Stock Class for specific brands only (Sea-Doo).
- Restrict backdating provisions on OEM parts to distinguish between normally aspirated and forced induction parts to prevent the use of normally aspirated parts on Stock Class watercraft that are equipped with superchargers (or turbochargers).
- Allow some exhaust modifications in Runabout Limited
- Allow AFR gauges to be affixed in Runabout Limited but not connected to ECU or autotune device.
- Allow AFR gauges to be affixed in Runabout Limited and be hooked up to an autotune device and ECU.
- Allow aftermarket waterboxes in Runabout Limited.
- Allow an aftermarket throttle body in Runabout Limited.
- Allow use of E85 Fuel
- Allow increasing size of OEM air inlet openings so that all OEM PWC have as much of an air inlet footprint as the OEM homologated unit which has the largest air inlet footprint.
- Remove the provision for aftermarket hulls and top decks in Runabout Open.
- Require that Sport Class watercraft competing under GP Rules to be restricted to a single exhaust chamber.
- Increase GP Ski displacement to 1640cc for Ski PWC equipped with normally aspirated four stroke engines.
- Allow Trim Tabs to be cut or removed.
- Allow OEM fuel pump to be modified or aftermarket in Runabout Limited Class.
- Allow AFR gauge to be used in all classes (where not currently allowes).
- Allow rear through hull exhaust relocation in Runabout Stock Class.
- Change Veterans Ski minimum age to 35.
- Change Masters Ski minimum age to 45.
- Merge Veterans Ski and Masters Ski into a single class with a minimum participation age of 40.
- Require one year’s experience to compete in any Amateur class.
- Require one year’s experience as an Expert to compete in any Pro Am class.
- Prohibiting any competitor with three world titles from competing in any Amateur Class.
- Prohibiting any competitor with three world titles from competing in any Expert Class: such competitors would be limited to Pro/Pro-Am only.
- Change Veterans Runabout minimum age to 45.
- Require leg protection for all Ski classes.
- Change maximum Runabout displacement to 2000cc maximum by removing the limitation of OEM displacement plus 1mm overbore on all cylinders.
IMPORTANT: If you made a suggestion for a rule change and do not see it in this list, please contact IJSBA immediately by emailing email@example.com. It may be that your suggestion was rolled into a similar suggestion and the differences will be discussed during voting. It could be that after reading your suggestion, it was determined that your suggestion was already covered by an existing rule. It could be we just didn’t get your email. Either way, let us know.
The IJSBA Managing Director will release a list of recommended courses of action on, or by December 23 (original target date has been extended due to the submission deadline being extended). It is very important that you send in comments to these suggestions within the next 5 days so they can be reviewed and a response included in the Managing Director’s recommendations. Email these comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.