Greetings to the Personal Watercraft Racing Community. IJSBA is pleased to announce that initial registration shall begin, tomorrow, August 23, for the 2023 Short Block Technologies WGP-1 World Finals. This message contains very important information about changes to the registration process as well as new procedures that will come from the new scoring system. Please carefully review the following items and share them with your friends and colleagues in the sport:
- IJSBA is switching to a digital only registration system. This system will ensure accurate and legible information and will require a credit card payment to make the registration. At on site registration, there will be tablets where competitors must enter all information for registration and a printed form will be created to be signed. Please allow time for this. You will be responsible for your own information. No previous sponsor information or home town or any other information will carry over from our previous software.
- There is no pay later option for preregistration. You may pay in cash on site and will not need a credit card but you will not be able to preregister.
- The digital system will not allow repeat race numbers. The race number you enter will be first come first served in each category. You will be responsible for having the same numbers on any backup watercraft that you use.
- World Series class competitors are required to upload a picture before picking up their credentials. This must be a clear quality head shot.
- The same registration will manage the scheduling for each day competition. A QR code will be provided each day and the system will give up to date scheduling by the minute including race number, staging, and results in real time. The IJSBA website will also display this information. The pit announcer and pit board will still be utilized as normal.
- Registration is handled by JUST Race Timing. Records are kept and maintained by IJSBA and are deleted from the JUST system after processing. Entry information cannot be changed until picking up credentials at World Finals.
Early registration pricing begins, tomorrow August 23. All classes will be at their lowest price and the Grounds Fee will be $90. These discounts end at 11:59 PM PST on September 3. All classes go up $25 and the Grounds Fee goes up to $100. On site registration carries an additional $10 for Grounds Fee and $25 per class. We encourage you to register as soon as possible.
We are trying a whole new system to modernize and streamline the World Finals experience. Please be patient and work together with us to make these changes work. If you have any questions or comments regarding this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.